I always used to worry what people would think of the real me, so as a kid I hid behind a wall, inside a shell. Growing up, learning more about life and myself, I have gradually realized that it doesn’t matter what other people think of you. As long as you’re true to yourself and love yourself, other people are going to love you too. Plus, we’re all pretty awesome, you know.
So today I felt like sharing a little something of me – some fun, random, and slightly odd facts, if you will, about myself, that I’m sure most of you don’t know of…
10 things you didn’t know about Jo
1. I’m from Sweden – and I hate cold weather. Like, despise it. It sometimes makes me kind of angry, even.
Although, I have to admit: Christmas (my favourite time of the year!) is a time of year when it definitely should be cold. And super cozy. And snowy. It’s just not the same in 30-40 degree heat (I’m looking at you, Australia!)…
2. My “go-to song” is Jingle Bells. You know, when you suddenly start humming or drumming on a song out of nowhere? Yeah, always Jingle Bells. Don’t ask me why… Maybe because I love Christmas that much?
3. When I was younger I wanted to become a doctor for forever – sometimes a neurologist, sometimes a pediatrician, sometimes even a medical examiner/coroner (eeew…!). I just love hospitals that much (I know, weirdooo).
4. I’ve done several (about 15 or so, at least) past life regressions.
What’s a past life regression, you ask? It’s a form of deep relaxation, where you go into your subconscious to experience old memories from either your current life (things you wouldn’t normally be able to remember, like what it was like to be in the womb or being born), or from a past life, hundreds of years ago.
5. I once had an ex-boyfriend who tried to spread a rumour that I had become alcoholic after our break-up (put yourself on high horses, why don’t you! was my only thought). This attempt of his did not work out, of course. Those of you who know me in private knows how absurd it sounds. For those of you who don’t: I would probably be the last person on the planet to develop an abuse of any sort. I’ve never even smoked a cigarette! I mean, I do love a good party (who doesn’t?!) but I’m definitely a sensible drinker. Except for about three times in my life…
6. I had a complete straight A report card finishing primary school (which is up to year 9 in Sweden and the finish of compulsory education, before moving on to high school). I have a really easy time learning things.
7. Speaking of school, I once, out of pure protest, refused to write an assignment in high school. We had been promised that our grade in a certain subject was going to be based on this massive exhausting exam we had to do, when after the exam the teacher decided that, nah, we had to write a ten page essay as well. I said no, and my punishment was a C. Still passed it, though. No regrets. There’s nothing in this world that makes me more angry than unfairness.
8. I am ridiculously scared of all insects. Like, panicky scared. They just freak the hell out of me with all their gross legs and weird bodies and stuff. If I could, I would wipe them all off the face of the Earth. But I’m pretty sure Mother Nature wouldn’t approve of that… Plus, I’m not that cruel, I guess.
9. I don’t eat red meats because it gives me migraines. True story. For years I suffered unknowingly, until one day I stopped eating pork, beef and lamb, and so the migraines ceased. And I’m apparently not the only one with this weird allergy.
10. Since a very young age I’ve been talking to my angels. I used to think I was just making it up in my head like a crazy person, until I was once completely startled at the answer of a question I asked (OK, I don’t hear voices, I just feel them, in some inexplicable way. If you know what I’m talking about, you’re as lucky as I am). Plus, who can forget the beautiful Dumbledore quote: “Of course it’s happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” Oh, the wisdom I’ve learnt from those books…
Now, tell me something fun about yourself in the comments! I’d love to get to know you a bit better, too! 🙂 And don’t forget to fully embrace who you are – both the “normal” and the weird stuff… You’re perfectly awesome just the way you are! ❤
PS. I’ve started a Facebook page for this blog! If you enjoy my posts, come and join our growing community, for daily inspiration and motivation. I’d love to see you there! xx